Thursday, January 26, 2012

Baked Kale Chips


As I've mentioned before, I am a member of a local harvest co op called Community Helpings Co Op.  We got some fabulous Kale this time around and I love to keep my vegetables simple and delicious.

I made Kale Chips!  Clean and de stem the kale, tearing into bite size pieces.  Place on a cookie sheet with plenty of space to "breathe."  Lightly coat with oil of your choice, I used my pampered chef oil mister with canola oil.  Season to your taste, I used garlic salt.  Roast in a 350 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes.  Allow kale to become nice and crispy without burning, edges will brown, but watch them closely.

The "chips" have this great crisp, flakiness like super think potato chips, but with a veggie twist.  Lots of fun, you should try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...