This is a go to kind of meal at our house. Quick and easy to make, hides plenty of veggies for the kids and tastes amazing. Get creative with this recipe and add whatever veggies or meats you have on hand to your family's tastes.
Shrimp Fried Rice
2 cups cooked rice
2 large carrots, peeled and diced
1 cup of broccoli chopped
1 cup of shrimp, tails off
packet of fried rice seasoning
a few shakes of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of oil
- Make sure all ingredients are assembled an prepared. Heat up a large skillet or wok over medium high heat with your oil.
- Start with the longest cooking vegetables. I put my carrots in first, when they were about halfway soft, I added the broccoli.
- Once veggies are cooked to your preferred doneness, add the shrimp. Since they are pre cooked, they just need to be warmed through and get some sear marks.
- Add the rice next. Be sure to stir frequently to keep it from sticking. Again, we are just looking for some sear marks and to heat through if not already warm.
- Next are the eggs. Crack them right into the skillet with the rice pushed to the side. Scramble right there in the pan. Once cooked through, chop into small chunks and stir into rice mixture.