Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Yellow Squash Fritters


A friend made these for me with zucchini, so I of course had to try it myself with some yellow squash I had in my fridge.  Many recipes call for italian seasonings and cheeses, but this was delish with a splash of soy sauce!



Yellow Squash Fritters

1 large yellow squash
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
handful of sliced green onion
salt and pepper to taste

Grate about 3/4 of the squash and then dice the remaining portion into small chunks.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl.  Batter should be the consistency of pancake batter.
Heat a skillet over medium high heat.  Coat with non stick spray.
Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter into skillet.  Watch them just as you would a pancake, flip once you see the edges drying and bubbling.
Serve with soy sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...