I was looking for a simple dessert on pinterest using ingredients I had on hand. These were very easy to make and taste pretty good too!
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375F degrees.
- Coat 8x8 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix milk, lemon zest and lemon juice in medium bowl until thickened; set aside. Mix remaining ingredients in medium bowl until crumbly.
- Press half of the crumbly mixture in pan; bake about 10 minutes or until set.
- Spread lemon milk mixture over baked crust. Sprinkle remaining crumbly mixture over the lemon milk mixture, press down gently.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center is set but soft. Cool completely. Cut 4 rows by 4 rows.