Saturday, September 29, 2012

One Ingredient Microwave Popcorn

 
That's right, ONE INGREDIENT!
 
Just put about 1/4 cup of plain popcorn into a microwave safe bowl and cover with a  snug fitting microwave safe plate.
 
 
Microwave for 2 minutes and 45 seconds.  Since mine was popping nicely, I let it go an additional 30 seconds.  Now be extremely careful, these babies will be crazy hot.  Be sure to use some pot holders to remove the bowl from the microwave.
 
 
I was completely shocked, it worked!  Who made us think we had to buy the crazy bags of microwave popcorn at the store.  Did you hear about the guy who sued the popcorn companies for giving him popcorn lung?  He won a lot of money, but anyway I digress.
 
 
So once I scooped the popped corn into a not so hot bowl, I discovered a bunch of unpopped kernels.  I put my plate back on top and threw them back in the micro for another 2 minutes.
 
 
Ha, they popped!
 
Drizzle with butter and your favorite seasoning and you're good to go.  If your diet doesn't include butter, give the popcorn a little spritz with non stick spray, like PAM, so your seasoning will stick
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...