Sunday, January 22, 2012

Homemade Shrinkie Dinks

I found this activity on Pinterest.  Take #6 recyclable plastic, mine came from a to go food lid, think the thin plastic ones.  Cut off the rough edges.  Using Sharpie type markers, I traced a picture out of a coloring book onto the plastic.



Place on a cookie sheet into a preheated 350 degree oven.  Watch closely.  The plastic will curl and then start to flatten back out.  That's when you take it back out.  While still warm, smoosh it back flat with a spatula.  I waited to long and cracked mine.  If it gets to hard, put back in the oven to warm and try again, don't force it.



This was a lot of fun and brought back memories for me.  Was surprised my hubby had never heard of them before, but I guess he was to busy blowing up his GI Joes as a kid. 

Have fun with it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...