Weekends, even though we stay may stay home most of the time, but time goes by so fast, we need a quick and easy family meal. From the Co Op, I had half a head of cabbage that needed to be used and I was looking for something new. This turned out wonderful.
- 6 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Place the cabbage in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the rice, salt if desired and pepper; spoon over cabbage. Combine soup and water; pour over beef mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 40-50 minutes or until rice and cabbage are tender. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
Special thanks to Nice! and HouseParty.com for the free Nice! items.