I recently got a bread machine and have been on the hunt for a bread recipe that the kids eat as a replacement for store bought bread. This is what I've found. I make the dough in the bread machine and then do the final rise in a loaf pan and bake in the oven. This gives it a better shape and size, which is half the battle with the kids.
"Almost Wonder" White Bread
- 1 cup water ( room temp.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup powdered milk ( not skim)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Add ingredients in order given (this is for my machine, your's maybe different).
- Select dough cycle.
- When done, take out dough and on a floured surface, shape into loaf and place in loaf pan. (I try to work it as little as possible).
- Let rise in a warm place for approximately 40 minutes until doubled in size.
- Bake on centre rack of
degreeoven for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool on
wire rackbefore slicing.